The GP-TCM RA Newsletter November 2019 can be downloaded here: GP-TCM RA Newsletter 2019 Xmas/NY Special Edition
Dear GP-TCM RA Members and Friends,
Greetings from London, Mons, Shiyan and Taichung!
Highlights of the GP-TCM RA Newsletter December 2019:
- Nature’s 10, 2019
- China: 2009-2019
- 2019: a year in review
- Giving thanks in China
- 2019 Top 10 Innovations
- China’ population (1949-2019)
- It’s time to prepare your anti-CV
- End-of-the-year Presidential Editorial
- Highlights 2019: fresh focus on health
- A Historic Documentary on Li Shizhen
- Donkeys face worldwide existential threat
- The 54th GP-TCM RA BoD Meeting report
- Principal’s Award to Professor Peter Hylands
- Horizon Europe Implementation: State of Play
- Metabolic rewiring of the hypertensive kidney
- Where are the world’s best English-speakers?
- Highlights on aristolochic acid carcinogenesis
- WHO’s proposal for a decade of healthy ageing
- Researchers sound alarm on European data law
- Three-dimensional genome structure of a single cell
- Health and medicine in 2019: what have we learned?
- TCM in cancer patients: Will it do more harm than good?
- Medical Ethnobotany and Ethnopharmacology of Europe
- Recent prizes and honours to TCM experts and scientists
- Prof Zhongzhen Zhao reports “Herbal Medicine in Mexico”
- Science’s 2019 Science Breakthrough (and Breakdown) of the Year
- World RePORT: a database for mapping biomedical research funding
- A comprehensive assessment of universal health coverage in 111 countries
- An Overview of Machine Learning and Big Data for Drug Toxicity Evaluation
- China’s State of Council guidelines on promoting the TCM heritage and innovation
- The 8th GP-TCM RA Annual Meeting will be held in Lithuania, on 8th-9th July 2020
- Monthly Chinese Materia Medica Highlights: Shan Zhu Yu (山茱萸) and Wu Zhu Yu (吴茱萸) [Click to download]
Acknowledgements: We thank Prof Rudolf Bauer (Graz), Prof Hubiao Chen (Hong Kong), Prof Pierre Duez (Mons), Dr Ping Guo (Hong Kong), ProfJiqing Liu (Shenzhen), Prof Aiping Lu (Hobg Kong), Dr Elizabeth Qi (Hong Kong), Prof Xuanbin Wang (Shiyan), Prof Vivian Wong (Hong Kong), DrQihe Xu (London) and Prof Zhongzhen Zhao (Hong Kong) for their invaluable contributions.
Photos of London’s Christmas lights are borrowed from here:
We wish you merry Christmas, happy New Year and a prosperous 2020!
Qihe Xu, London; Pierre Duez, Mons; Yuan-Shiun Chang, Taichung; Xuanbin Wang, Shiyan