To become a member of the Association, please complete the registration form given below and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org as a word document as well as the signed PDF copy.
The membership secretary will then be in touch with you to process your application. The membership fees are as follows:
- Life Member : 400.00 Euro;
- Ordinary Full Member: Free during 2012 (40.00 Euro per year from 2013);
- Student Member: Free for three years (proof of student status required, i.e., a student letter from your institution);
- Corporate Member (company or institution): 1,000.00 Euro per year from 2013.
Payment instructions will be provided upon successful acceptance of your application.
Before proceeding with your membership application, please check the following notes:
- Membership of the Association is open to all those who are interested in the objectives of the Association. The Association reserves the right to refuse membership to any person deemed unfit to participate in the activities of the Association.
- The membership categories are defined as: Life Member, Ordinary Full Member, Student Member and Corporate Member (company or institution). Corporate Members are represented by a delegate, which must be announced to the Secretary-General in written form. The Treasurer reserves the right to demand proof of status for the Student category. Honorary Members can be appointed.
- No person shall be admitted a member of the Association unless his/her application for membership is approved by the body authorised by the management team of the Association. There shall be no fewer than three members of the Association at any one time. There shall be no maximum.
- Termination of membership: Any member is entitled to give notice of the termination of his/her membership in the Association via a written declaration addressed to the President. Such termination of membership becomes effective immediately. There is no refund of membership fees.
- The exclusion of a member may be ordered by the Association if:
- the member still owes his/her annual membership fee six weeks after the sending of a second reminder, or
- the member has acted in a manner causing appreciable harm to the Association’s public reputation.
- If a member owes his/her annual membership fee for 2 or more years he/she is excluded automatically. The excluded member is entitled, following a request to the Association, to present an appeal at the next regular Members’ Meeting. This matter shall be included as a regular item of business on the agenda of the Meeting. The exclusion is regarded as invalid if the Meeting does not confirm it by majority vote conducted by secret ballot.
Benefits of Ordinary Membership:
- To contribute to and support the mission of the GP-TCM Research Association
- To be informed about all activities of GP-TCM Research Association
- To receive GP-TCM RA Newsletters that provide information about TCM Research
- To get access to the members-only part of the GP-TCM Research Association web site
- To be eligible for a reduction in fees for symposia organised by GP-TCM Research Association
- Networking with experts involved with different aspects of TCM research in order to develop collaborative projects
Benefits of Corporate Membership:
- Unique networking opportunities for your organisation at international, national and regional events for the wider GP-TCM RA community
- Company or institution logo and link on the Corporate Member Showcase website
- Opportunities to contribute to advancing TCM R&D, across a range of activities, through the Association’s committees, special interest groups and working parties
- Priority to contribute to GP-TCM RA events
- Complimentary Ordinary Memberships: 3 individuals within your organisation to receive full GP-TCM RA Ordinary Member benefits, including eligibility of a named individual to stand and vote for election to the Board of Directors
- Reduced fee for exhibition at GP-TCM RA meetings
- Access to GP-TCM RA Newsletters and GP-TCM RA Intranet (members only)
- Access to GP-TCM RA Interest Groups